Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My mom's best friend since high school is a kickass lady and a huge fan of animals, and she had a cute little farm on Cape Cod with two sheep and two horses. For her birthday a while back, I decided to make her some 'healthy' low-fat carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (okay, not so healthy). The recipes came from a great book, Crazy About Cupcakes. The cute dude munching hay above is one of her adorable sheep. I had a hard time getting close to them, as all they wanted to do was run away, and would then sneak up behind me and go 'BBBAAAHHHHH!' and take off again before I could get a photo. I think I blinded him with the flash, in this photo I actually managed to take. My goal with these cupcakes was to make them in the likeness of her sheep:


Some turned out better than others, they kind of look more like sheep-clouds, but they did taste great! I used black and white jelly beans for the faces, and nonpareils for their feet. Baking projects don't always turn out perfect, but as long as it tastes good, I can live with it. As soon as she saw the cupcakes she laughed, and knew who they were supposed to be, so mission accomplished, I guess!


Posted by Petitfoureyes at 3:27 PM |

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Blogger CinnamonAndSass said........
LoL! These are so cute!
 


At January 21, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Blogger cabin + cub said........
Those are so cute! I am getting hungry just looking at them. ;)